Located on the entrance level of the Visuals Arts Building, the Edwin W. Zoller Gallery is a 2,200 square foot exhibition space. Founded in 1971, this space was named for Edwin W. Zoller in recognition of his dedicated career as an artist and teacher.
Zoller was born in Pittsburgh in 1900. He studied art at Penn State University where he received his B.A. in 1921. For the next ten years, he taught art in the Pittsburgh secondary school system. In 1931, he joined the faculty of Penn State University and taught painting and design. He served as Administrative Head of two of the undergraduate centers of the University and later was appointed Associate Director for the Arts in the Center for Continuing Liberal Education, a Ford Foundation project. In July 1960, he retired with the rank of Professor of Fine Arts Emeritus. Until his death on October 25, 1967, he devoted himself to painting at his studio at Hundred Springs, near Tyrone, Pennsylvania.
- Scholarship Recipient Exhibition
- Juried Undergraduate Exhibition
- MFA Thesis Exhibitions
- Saturday Art School Exhibition
- 2D & 3D Foundations Area Exhibition
- Group Faculty Exhibitions
- Yearly programming regularly invites:
- Traveling exhibitions, artist residencies, performances, and installations