Technology & Computing
From hardware recommendations, to available no-cost software, to high-performance computation labs.
- Connect to Tech – An overview of the University’s most important Information Technology (IT) resources, ranging from how to access free software downloads to connecting to wireless.
- Connect to Tech Online Learning – Penn State’s Student technology guide to hardware, software, connectivity, and more.
- Software at Penn State – As a Penn State student, variety of software is available to you at reduced cost or at no additional cost.
- WebApps – Run applications commonly found in a Penn State Lab from the convenience of a web browser (must connect via Global Protect VPN).
- WebLabs – Access a Penn State Lab computer from the convenience of a web browser (must connect via Global Protect VPN).
- Penn State Go – The official all-in-one mobile app for Penn State.
Penn State has substantial computing lab resources with extensive hardware and specialized software applications available for student use.
That said, some programs are computation-intensive enough that it is important to have your own laptop available in addition to the University’s lab resources.