B.A. in Art
Challenge yourself. Engage. Create. Make meaning by making art.
Have you always wanted to make a career out of your creativity? An art degree from Penn State will prepare you to explore artistic opportunities, learn from renowned faculty members, and get involved in the art world through exhibitions, studio time, reviews, and community engagement.
The scope of architecture goes well beyond designing buildings – it is about improving human life. The five-year professional Bachelor of Architecture program at Penn State blends traditions and new ways of drawing, model-making, community outreach, public service, and hands-on construction to prepare our students for future leadership roles in architecture and design.
Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Art at Penn State
Want to express yourself through art? The studio is waiting!
Create and celebrate art as a form of communication that shapes the way we see ourselves and others. Penn State will provide you with a nurturing and challenging environment that will take your art to the next level.
- Intensive studio courses give you individual time with faculty members who are invested in your development.
- A close-knit cohort and 24-hr studio access allow you to immerse yourself in your work and engage with other artists.
- Our galleries are constantly displaying the best work in our school.
- Student groups make our school an exciting place to share.
- Anderson Lectures bring influential artists to engage with our students.
This is your opportunity to inspire and be inspired!
Each student must elect one of the following areas of concentration.
Is the B.A. in Art right for you?
The Bachelor of Arts degree program prepares our students for arts careers, foundations for graduate school, and a liberal arts education in art.
If you are excited and challenged by the diverse and profound impact art and culture can have in the everyday life of individuals and communities, join us! Artists take on many creative roles in everyday life and respond to the world around them by exploring issues and expressing and communicating ideas. Become a part of something bigger than yourself and leave a lasting impact on the art world through your work.
The B.A. degree in art provides a comprehensive liberal education coupled with professional resident instruction in art. Each student must elect an area of concentration from one of the following: ceramics, drawing and painting, new media, photography, or sculpture.
Considering the B.A. in Art? Consider this.
We will prepare you for professional careers and graduate studies in the arts.
- You will be part of Penn State’s diverse and vibrant visual culture.
- Work and create with other artists.
- Exhibit your art in our campus galleries.
- Our award-winning faculty teach and exhibit nationally and internationally.
Meliza Fermin is an award-winning visual effects artist across television and film genres. She won an Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for her work on the television show Heroes, and Emmy certificates for her contributions to The Battle of Gettysburg and American Horror Story. Currently, Meliza works at Fuse FX as a senior digital matte painter on shows such as American Horror Story and Timeless.