The study of architecture is a broad endeavor combining the arts and humanities with engineering, science, and technology. It is a global study – from piazzas in Italy to rural disease spread dynamics to information networks spanning physical and virtual domains. As creative designers, architects reflect the history, philosophy, dreams, habits, and values of a culture through buildings and spaces.
Architects create responsible solutions to the needs of clients and the natural circumstances of sites. The profession spans the classical to the cutting-edge, and studying architecture encourages exploration across a range of interests, and provides flexibility to develop academic concentrations or pursue minors. The architecture studio is a laboratory in which design synthesizes history, theory, structural systems, building materials, environmental control systems, visual communications, professional practices, and systems integration.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re fascinated by the intersection of spaces, cultures, history, and people.
- You think deeply and love to create.
- You’re compelled by art, technology, and the environment.
- You like formulas and experimentation.
- You want to impact society.
- You are self-motivated and enjoy the balance of teamwork and working independently.
- You honor tradition while inventing novel practices.
- You welcome responsibility.
- You think and act with precision.
- You take risks.
- You want to explore, discover, and invent.
Because, if so, the Architecture Studies minor might be a great fit!
News from A&A
Alumni launch campaign aimed at assisting underrepresented architecture students
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Architecture Alumni Group, an official Affiliate Program Group chartered by the Arts and Architecture Alumni Society, has launched a new campaign to raise funds that will assist