The School of Visual Arts Makerspace is a hub of creation and fabrication, and contains 3D scanning and printing equipment, robust computer workstations, as well as a CNC milling machine and a custom-built 3d clay printer. It a space for discovery and making, and it’s always changing and updating to empower student creativity.
- 10 3D printers for plastic printing, two with multi-color capability
- 2 portable iPad-based 3D scanners
- A stationary Microsoft Kinect based 3D scanner
- A medium sized CNC milling machine capable of milling sheet materials including wood and aluminum
- 15 computer workstations with 3D modeling, graphic design, and video editing software
- A custom large-scale multi-material clay 3D printer built by Tom Lauerman
Visual Arts BuildingView Map