Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at the Penn State School of Theatre
Building Inclusion + Respect
At Penn State’s School of Theatre, we are working together to build a more welcoming, inclusive and respectful community for all students, faculty, and staff.
Some of our initiatives for 2020–21
- Appointed an Associate Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion;
- Bolstered membership of School of Theatre Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Committee;
- Supported the establishment of the School of Theatre Student Diversity Committee;
- Host of Speaker Series – dedicated to education in the area of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion;
- Reimagined Virtual Production Season focused on racial justice themes;
- Revised and implemented a new Casting policy that addresses issues of identity and inclusive casting;
More to Come!
School of Theatre EDI Speaker Series
A series of critical conversations of about breaking barriers, and laying a foundation that supports equity, diversity, inclusion, and access.